Conservation Award Guidelines
Activities to be focused upon may include, but are not limited to:
- Distinctive and continuing programs for maintaining wildlife habitat - not just for foxes or coyotes - but for all rural fauna and flora.
- A systematic approach to the placement of significant
amounts of open lands into perpetual easement - hunting, scenic,
historical, conservation, etc.
- Fostering and supporting a conservation organization or
foundation to conserve large tracts of land and the indigenous
- Organized efforts aimed at educating the general public -
particularly the young - on the need for conservation of natural
- The formation of alliances or working in concert with other
- Evidence of sustained political activity in the furtherance
of open land preservation.
- A Hunt which contributed a great deal toward the fostering and maintaining of conservation.
Questions concerning this award should be directed to
Office or Daphne Flowers Wood, MFH Conservation Chairman.
PO Box 363 ∙ Millwood, VA 22646
(540) 955-5680 (p) ∙ (540) 955-5682 (f)