MFHA Foundation Mission
MFHA Foundation is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and as such it can accept contributions that may be tax deductible. MFHA Foundation’s mission is to help preserve the sport of foxhunting for future generations. MFHA Foundation accomplishes this by working with MFHA and many other organizations and individuals to provide information and programs designed to educate and inform the public about the sport of foxhunting, to promote the conservation of lands, facilitate the preservation of natural habitats, and to support and encourage research on health, welfare and training of hounds and horses.
In addition to its other activities, MFHA Foundation also raises funds for all charitable and educational endeavors associated with the Masters of Foxhounds Association’s list of charitable and educational activities. MFHA Foundation’s programs include:
- Providing conservation and habitat-preservation information and educational materials;
- Publishing books, CDs, tapes and videos, and conducting seminars covering all elements of the sport, including the breeding, training and hunting of hounds;
- Supporting research that contributes to hound health and disease prevention;
- Upholding a Code of Hunting Practices that provides standards for its members to assure all aspects of the sport maintain good sporting practices and humane treatment of domestic and wild animals; and
- Providing information on topics like current threats to foxhunting’s continued survival, game management practices, historical treatises, and how to enjoy yourself more fully as a member of the mounted field.
Promoting knowledge of the basis for and the value of traditional field sports is the most effective way to deal with critics who may be uninformed about field sports and may, therefore, distort and misrepresent them in stories opposed to mounted foxhunting and other outdoor pursuits.