MFHA Foundation Hunting Habitat Conservation Award
The purpose of the Hunting Habitat Conservation Award is to recognize those foxhunting clubs, individuals and organizations that have made significant and enduring contributions towards the preservation of rural countryside and its flora and fauna.
There is no greater threat to our sport than the loss of hunting venue; no more painful loss than the serenity and peace of provided by the pastoral scene. There is no greater injustice than not to recognize those people and organizations that toil to keep us close to the land and the wild animals that enhance our very existence. We hope that you will give serious thought to sending in a nomination.
Nominee data (in accordance with the guidelines/entry form) must be provided to the MFHA Conservation Committee, care of the MFHA Office, no later than September 30, 2019.
**Resubmission of previous nominees for this award who did not win is highly encouraged!!**
In addition to the conservation trophy and recognition at the annual members meeting, the Hunting Habitat Conservation winning Hunt will receive a $5,000 cash award!
PO Box 363 ∙ Millwood, VA 22646
(540) 955-5680 (p) ∙ (484) 208-7794 (f)
Conservation Award Guidelines
Activities to be focused upon may include, but are not limited to:
- Distinctive and continuing programs for maintaining wildlife habitat - not just for foxes or coyotes - but for all rural fauna and flora.
- A systematic approach to the placement of significant amounts of open lands into perpetual easement - hunting, scenic, historical, conservation, etc.
- Fostering and supporting a conservation organization or foundation to conserve large tracts of land and the indigenous wildlife.
- Organized efforts aimed at educating the general public - particularly the young - on the need for conservation of natural resources.
- The formation of alliances or working in concert with other conservation organizations.
- Evidence of sustained political activity in the furtherance of open land preservation.
- A Hunt which contributed a great deal toward the fostering and maintaining of conservation.
Application Form Below:
- 2019 - Deep Run Hunt
- 2018 - Santa Ynez Valley Hounds
- 2017 - Middleburg Hunt
- 2016 - Potomac Hunt
- 2015 - Green Spring Valley Hounds
- 2014 - Wayne-DuPage Hunt & The Wayne Area Conservation Foundation and The Blue Ridge Hunt for George L. Ohrstrom, II
- 2013 - George A. "Frolic" Weymouth & the Brandywine Conservancy
- 2012 - Aiken Hounds & Hitchcock Woods Foundation
- 2011 - Farmington Hunt & Mr. J.B. Birdsall
- 2010 - Lowcountry Hunt & The Lowcountry Open Land Trust
- 2009 - Piedmont Hunt
- 2008 - Genesee Valley Hunt & Genesee Valley Conservancy
- 2007 - Blue Ridge Hunt & Wingate Winkie Mackay-Smith
- 2006 - Elkridge-Harford & Manor Conservancy
- 2005 - Iroquois Hunt
- 2004 - Four Winds Foxhounds
- 2003 - Green Spring Valley Hounds
- 2002 - Wentworth Hunt & Branch Hill Farm
- 2001 - Live Oak Hounds & Tall Timbers Research & Camargo Hunt/Greenacres Foundation
- 2000 - Arapahoe Hunt
- 1999 - Millbrook Hunt & Duchess Land Conservancy
- 1998 - Orange County Hunt
- 1997 - Mr. Stewart's Cheshire Foxhounds & Moore County Hounds