HUNT VACANCY LIST
Check here for HUNT VACANCIES
*Press the red plus ⊕ to view more information about each available position.
The Toronto and North York Hunt: Huntsman Position
The Toronto and North York Hunt (TNYH) is located approximately 1.5 hours north of Toronto in the picturesque Creemore area. TNYH is one of the oldest hunts in North America established in 1843. We are a small but financially stable club that live hunts twice per week in the spring (mid-April to May), summer (August) and main fall season (September to mid November). We require a Huntsman for 2023 season and going forward starting May 1, 2023 or earlier.
Must have valid driver’s licence and assured riding ability across varied terrain. Duties include full responsibility for horses, hounds, staff (whipper in) and infrastructure. Couples are welcome to apply. Competitive salary, housing on site provided including all utilities, internet, plus use of a vehicle
Andy Bite MFH with CV via email
The Bridlespur Hunt: Huntsman Position available May 2023
Bridlespur Hunt has a strong membership and group of MFHs. We are the oldest hunt West of the Mississippi River at 95 years young. WE are in Eolia, MO which is just 70 miles Northwest of St. Louis. We value teamwork and collaboration. Our huntsman should be personable and encourage learning about the Foxhunting sport and traditions. We are looking for a respectful, organized, selfdirected candidate.
- Hunting of foxhounds, including gathering of stray hounds
- Maintain crossbred breeding program of less than 30 couple with master’s consultation
- Hound care – including all feeding, exercising, healthcare/veterinary, training, hunting & retrieval
- Horse care – feeding, exercising, healthcare/veterinary & training
- Cleaning – Kennel, kennel yards, barn & stalls
- Maintenance – kennel, barn, pasture, clubhouse, clubhouse grounds, common areas (with part-time help)
- Fixture Maintenance – new & existing territory development – trail clearing, jump building/placement (with part-time and volunteer help)
- Maintaining good working relationships with fixture neighbors and landowners
- Assist in Community Outreach
- Various Farm Operations duties
- Organized Fun
- Communication Flexible
- Team member Entertaining
Mary Hensel, MFH
Whipper-in / Huntsman wanted for the Loudoun Fairfax Hunt in Northern Virginia
Midland Fox Hounds - Full-Time Whipper-In
Midland Fox Hounds is a 72 year old family foxhunt located in Midland, Georgia, near Columbus, Georgia. The hunt countries are in Midland, Georgia and Fitzpatrick, Alabama. The game consists of coyotes, foxes, bobcats and pigs. We typically hunt 18 couple of hounds three times per week. The season is from October to March with cubbing starting in
September. The hunt requires some jumping and more importantly, a lot of hard galloping over distance.
The Midland country is about 5,000 acres of hilly rocky terrain. The Fitzpatrick country is 1.5 hours from the kennel and is 25,000 acres of mixed country including plantation pines and large open grasslands. We are a family-friendly, multi-generational hunt with an inclusive atmosphere. We are seeking someone who will fit into the community we
have built here at Midland. If you want to be the next great American huntsman, come build your resume with us!
- Report to Ken George, the huntsman, duties include but are not
– MOST IMPORTANTLY, Whip-in to the huntsman during every
– Assist in the management of 8-10 foxhunting horses for staff
- Exercise hunters, groom, and prepare the horses for the
- Drive horses to the meet sites or ride with hounds and
horses to meet sites
- Assist in the management of hounds and kennel operations
- Help walk the hounds out on non-hunting mornings
- Assist with prepping and showing hounds at hound shows
in Virginia, Pennsylvania and other states.
- Assist with whelping and management of puppies
Experience and Skill level required:
The candidate must have experience with hunting dogs and be comfortable riding outside of the ring. The candidate must be able to ride Western or English. If the riding background is Western, the candidate must be willing to learn how to ride in an English saddle and learn how to jump. If you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility we can assist with immigration for a longer term commitment of employment.
- Salary range is between $40,000 and $50,000 based on experience
- A house is provided and 60% of the utilities are paid for by the
employer. 40% paid for by the employees
- There are bonuses paid for performance.
Contact: Christy Stapleman
706.322.3274 ext 314
TORONTO AND NORTH YORK HUNT - WHIPPER-IN/ KENNELPERSON/ GROOM
Toronto and North York Hunt requires a whipper-in/kennel person/groom:
- Full time position reporting directly to the Huntsman – Antony Gaylard and indirectly reporting to Andy Bite MFH.
- Riding and/or non-riding applicants considere.
- Accommodation on site provide.
- Must be comfortable working with hounds and horses.
- Located at TNYH Kennels in Mulmur, Ontario (just outside of the town of Creemore, 1.5 hours north of Toronto)
- Valid drivers licence required
- Competitive salary and vacation
For all of the position’s details, click here.
MR. STEWART'S CHESHIRE FOXHOUNDS - HUNTSMAN
POTOMAC HUNT - HUNTSMAN
The Potomac Hunt is one of Maryland’s most widely recognized fox hunts and has been in operation since 1931. During the season we hunt an award-winning pack of American Foxhounds twice a week at various locations throughout upper Montgomery County. The quarry consists of coyotes and foxes, and the season is from October to March with autumn hunting starting in August. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including family-friendly housing with utilities at our kennel property which is located in a top school district.
Skip Crawford, MFH
Brian Kiely, MFH
RADNOR HUNT - KENNELMAN/FIRST WHIPPER-IN
MYOPIA HUNT - PROFESSIONAL HUNTSMAN
Myopia Hunt, Hamilton Massachusetts established in 1882, a prestigious New England (U.S.A.) drag hunt with active members has an opening for a full time Professional Huntsman.
Position includes all duties traditionally associated with a Huntsman, including hunting the hounds, riding over fences, care of kennel and hounds, selection, breeding and showing of hounds, mowing and upkeep of hunt country and maintaining landowner relations.
Individual must be experienced with two years as Huntsman at a recognized hunt. The position is supported by an experienced whipper-in and part time groom.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include housing, health insurance, employee benefit plans, vacation, and transportation.
Please email resume to Ms. Wendy Wood, Joint Master Myopia Hunt: email@example.com